FMSIB Mission Statement
The Washington State Freight Mobility Strategic Investment Board is held accountable to create a comprehensive and coordinated state program to facilitate freight movement between and among local, national and international markets which enhances trade opportunities. The Board is also charged with finding solutions that lessen the impact of the movement of freight on local communities.
The Board of public members:
- Advocates for strategic freight transportation projects that bring economic development and a return to the state
- Focuses on timely construction and operation of projects that support jobs
- Leverages funding from public and private stakeholders
- Crosses modal and jurisdictional lines to create funding partnerships
- Serves as the de facto freight project screening agency for state and federal policy makers